Community

9dots.de Webdesign Board

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 

ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

h Harvey has already set a high standard. "Ill just go

Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    9dots.de Webdesign Community Foren-Übersicht -> 9dots.de Webmedia
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
t123
Mitglied
Mitglied

Angemeldet: 08.12.2017
Interessen: BOOK

BeitragVerfasst am: 18.01.2018, 04:43    Titel: h Harvey has already set a high standard. "Ill just go Antworten mit Zitat
This story appears in ESPN The Magazines October 3 Cubs Issue. Grey Ultra Boost 4.0 2018 . Subscribe today!THE CIRCLE IS perfect. Like a target. Or the Cubs logo, which, come to think of it, looks like a target.The crowded diagram, drawn on Joe Maddons iPad, embodies the talk the manager gave to the Cubs on Feb. 24, the first full day of spring training in Mesa, Arizona. The handwriting is striking -- the product of a Hazleton, Pennsylvania, Catholic school education, he says -- and so is the arrow that pierces the circle, with feathers looking like the seams of a baseball and an arrowhead that could very well be a hell-bent trip around the bases. The method to the madness can be seen scribbled at the very top: Pressure [Is] a Motivator, a Positive, an Indicator You Are in the Right Place.The circle might also stand for the sun that has been shining on the Cubs this season. With the exception of one day, April 8, when they trailed the 4-0 Pirates by one game, Chicago has been on the north side of the NL Central standings.Winning is nothing new for Maddons Cubs: They made it to the NLCS last year in his first season at the helm, only to be swept by the Mets. But heading into the final three weeks of the season, they were on pace to win 104 games, which would be their highest regular-season total since 1910, which is two years after they won their last ... all right, we wont mention it.Whats most fascinating is what Maddon wrote inside and around the circle. Almost everything seems prescient now, which is one reason the glyph has become a popular fan T-shirt made and sold by Korked Baseball-emblazoned with horn-rimmed glasses on the front, diagram on the back. (A significant portion of the proceeds go to Maddons Respect 90 Foundation.)As starting pitcher Kyle Hendricks listened to Maddons talk that day in February, he was transported back to Dartmouth College, where he was an economics major. It really was like being in a really cool class with a really cool professor, Hendricks says. Im not sure I totally understood everything he was saying, but we all walked out of there with smiles on our faces. We were ready to embrace the target.It was that circle, and the messages inside and orbiting it, that set the stage for this season.1. Embrace the TargetMaddon first began formulating his message back at baseballs winter meetings last December, after the Cubs had acquired outfielder Jason Heyward, second baseman Ben Zobrist and starter John Lackey. They have that media scrum for managers, Maddon says, and everybody is talking about the pressure and the expectations, that we were the team to beat, and I thought, Well, we better embrace our position rather than run away from it. At the time, he also checked out a book from the substantial library in his head: Tom Clancys Clear and Present Danger. Theres a scene when the presidents spin doctors are telling him he has to distance himself from his friend who was killed by a drug cartel. But the hero, Jack Ryan, steps in and says, No, Mr. President. Not only was he your friend, he was your best friend, and you have to address it. Sometimes its better to run toward the fire.It almost goes without saying that there is a second meaning to target for the Cubs. Maddon wants them to relish their status as the bulls-eye for the other NL teams. With that confidence, they might better be able to hit what theyre aiming for: a championship. Just dont think about the enormity of ending 108 years of frustration.With all due respect to our faithful fans, he says, I will not get caught up in that 1908 stuff. I wasnt here for all the years of pain, and neither were any of my players or coaches. Its a big enough target as it is. This is about now, not then.2. We All Have to Set Aside Our Personal AgendasThere is one thing that Maddon always writes on his otherwise unpredictable lineup cards: DNBAFF. Thats his reminder to set aside his own biases. Do not be a f---ing fan, he says. You can get caught up in the game, just like everybody else in the park. But I cant play favorites and hope this guy gets a hit or that guy gets an out. I have to make decisions based on data and common sense. I have to manage every game to win.The trademark of Maddons Rays (he managed them from 2006 to 2014) and Cubs has been flexibility, meaning players are often asked to think more about the team and less about themselves. That came into play right away on April 7, when highly touted outfielder/catcher Kyle Schwarber was lost for the season because of an ACL injury he suffered in an outfield collision with center fielder Dexter Fowler.Fortunately, the Cubs have Kris Bryant, who has played third base, first base, shortstop and all three outfield positions; Zobrist, who plays in the outfield when hes not at second base; and Javier Baez, whos played everywhere but pitcher and catcher. Theres no certainty in a Maddon lineup.3. All Do Our JobsThis goes hand in hand with No. 2. Your position may change, or you might be called on to start when youve been sitting on the bench for a week, Maddon says. That 9 on 1 in parentheses [on the whiteboard] is to remind them that defense is very much a team effort and offense is one against nine.Baez, of course, has taken the utility player description to a new level. On offense, the 23-year-old free swinger had 13 homers, 50 RBIs and a .271 batting average through Sept. 12, and on defense, Maddon says, hes a game changer. Indeed, the Cubs would not lead the majors in defensive runs saved without the 17 Baez has provided -- 11 at second, four at short and two at third. Nobody in baseball is quicker with a tag.Baez is also indirectly responsible for the saying that inspired the most popular Maddon T-shirt: At the Cubs convention in January, Baez told the audience of the jocular advice Joe gave him when he joined the team last year: Try not to suck.4. Know We Are Not Perfect but Can Be PresentI dont want anyone to ever go [on the field] afraid to make a physical mistake because that will lead to a mental mistake, Maddon says.In baseball, somebody can find fault with anybody: Cy Young Award winner Jake Arrieta was stuck in the Orioles minor league system when the Cubs acquired him in 2013. Free agent Dexter Fowler happily returned to the club in February after getting the runaround from the Os. Rookie sensation Willson Contreras was on nobodys radar his first six years in the Cubs organization. Jon Lester is having the best season of his career, so who really cares if hes reluctant to throw to first base?Tommy La Stella, a versatile left-handed hitter, was forced to face criticism and disappointment in mid-August when the club sent him down. When he responded by not reporting, Maddon was understanding: I was young once and reading Kurt Vonnegut, so I kind of know what hes going through. Well just give him his space.After a week of reflection, La Stella decided to report to Double-A. Now hes back with the big club, providing a left-handed bat off the bench.5. We Are Our Own Little Planet and 6. Rotate Around Same GoalThe Cubs bought into these dual concepts from the start. We have this remarkable blend of experience and youth, Maddon says of the clubhouse atmosphere. The older guys watch out for the younger guys. They can be hard on them when they do something wrong, but theyre the first ones out of the dugout when they do something right.Its interesting to note that of the four Cubs the fans voted to start in the infield for the All-Star Game, first baseman Anthony Rizzo and second baseman Zobrist, the right side, were proven veterans; shortstop Addison Russell and third baseman Bryant, the left side, were sophomores.Yet the emergence of Contreras at catcher best embodies the one-world philosophy on Planet Cubs. The kid has been great, Maddon says. But its not just about him. Its about David Ross and Miguel Montero taking him under their wing and helping him even though it may mean fewer at-bats for them.BELOW THE CIRCLE, the manager laid out two of his other tenets:Do Simple BetterMaddon wants his players to reduce the game to its essence. Thats why he holds an annual American Legion Week in mid-August, letting the players arrive at the ballpark later than usual to remind them of the days when they just got out of their car and played Legion ball. Its all part of Maddons belief that for all the benefits that video and data have brought to pitching and defense, they can work to constrict a hitter who thinks too much. If you had Kris Bryant, wouldnt you want him to do what comes naturally?The Process Is FearlessThis is something Maddon freely admits that he borrowed from legendary NFL assistant coach Tom Moore, whose philosophy is that if you concentrate on the little things, youll eventually arrive at the Big Thing. There are four little definitions underneath the header to explain The Process -- it lacks emotions, its the moment, its the mental anchor, it simplifies the task. Case in point: On Aug. 10, the Cubs were holding a 2-0 lead over the Angels in the top of the eighth inning when rookie reliever C.J. Edwards was called on to face the heart of the order -- Mike Trout, Albert Pujols, Andrelton Simmons -- with runners on second and third. He struck out Trout and got Pujols and Simmons to ground out. Asked after the Cubs 3-1 victory whether he was worried about facing Trout and Pujols in that situation, Edwards simplified to concentrate on making the right pitch. I just pulled my hat down more so I dont see their faces, he said.BY MAY 8, the Cubs were three games up on the 27 Yankees, but they couldnt quite sustain their hot start. As they headed into a brutal part of their schedule before the All-Star break, they became the target that Maddon had warned they would.Chicago Sun-Times columnist Rick Telander pushed the panic button, suggesting on July 8 that Maddons shtick might be wearing thin. It was time to right the ship, Joe, he wrote.Maddon stayed the course. He usually addresses the troops three times a year -- spring training, midway through the season and before the postseason. As it happens, he chose that very day -- a Friday when the team was about to start a three-game series in Pittsburgh -- to call a meeting.He came full circle, handing out new copies of the talk he had given back in February. Says Zobrist, It was his way of reminding us that this is still a very good team and that we needed to stay on target. Not just for a division title, not just to win the NLCS and get to the World Series. The real target is to win the last game of the season. Cheap Ultra Boost 2018 Shoes . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Blue Ultra Boost 2018 Store . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). http://www.cheapultraboostoutlet.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. ATLANTA -- Now that hes about to make his highly anticipated debut with the New York Mets, Zack Wheeler will rely on some advice he got from a minor league coach. Dont look up. "I know its going to be a big moment in my life," Wheeler said Monday, the day before he takes the mound against the first-place Atlanta Braves. "Theres probably going to be some nerves." The 23-year-old right-hander is one of baseballs top pitching prospects and a reason for hope in what is turning out to be another dismal season for the Mets. Heightening the anticipation, hell be making his first start in the big leagues not far from where he grew up in the northwest Atlanta suburbs, meaning plenty of family and friends will be in the stands at Turner Field. Wheeler said hell try to follow a tip he got a couple of years ago from his pitching coach in Class A, former big leaguer Steve Kline, who said all the sights and sounds of a big league park can be a bit overwhelming the first time out. "He said, Whatever you do, dont look up," Wheeler said. "I think he threw up off the back of the mound his first game. Ill always remember that advice." The youngster will be joining a rotation that already includes 24-year-old Matt Harvey, who is having a brilliant year (5-1, 2.04 ERA, 102 strikeouts in 97 innings) in his first full major league season. And, in an interesting twist, Harvey will pitch the opener of a day-night doubleheader before Wheeler goes in the second game. For the Mets, its a chance to show their frustrated fans what they hope will be the centerpieces of a brighter future. "I dont think Im a saviour at all," Wheeler said. "Weve got some great arms here, some great players. We might not be doing too well right now, but I know the talent of these guys. Hopefully well turn it around soon. Im just trying to come up here and help the team any way I can." Wheeler arrived in Atlanta on Sunday and got a chance to hang out with family and three of his friends at the suburban Atlanta home he shares with one of his brothers. "It was a good night, just talking and hanging out and telling some stories," Wheeler said. "We had a good time." Now, its time to get down to business. His first start comes against a power-laden Braves team that holds the biggest lead of any division leader, a team he remembers following as a kid when they had pitchers such as Tom Glavine, Greg Madddux and John Smoltz -- though Wheeler downplayed his allegiance to the team hell be facing. White Adidas Ultra Boost For Sale. "I wasnt a huge baseball fan," Wheeler said. "I liked watching basketball a little bit better. But how could I not watch the Braves growing up? My pop was always watching them. They were always good. But Im not a huge Braves fan like everyone thinks I am." Wheeler was the sixth overall draft pick by the San Francisco Giants in 2009 after being selected as Georgias top prep player his last two years at East Paulding High School. He was dealt to the Mets in 2011 for outfielder Carlos Beltran and started this season at Triple-A Las Vegas, where he got off to a slow start but pitched much better in recent weeks. He was 4-2 with a 3.93 ERA for the Pacific Coast League team. The hard-throwing Wheeler struck out 73 in 68 2-3 innings, but 27 walks were a bit of a concern. Hell be looking to get more pitches over the plate in the big leagues. "I walked a lot of guys in the minors," Wheeler said. "Thats always been a problem with me. I want to come after hitters and throw strikes." New York manager Terry Collins said he told Wheeler the same thing he told Harvey before his big league debut. "Hes only one guy and hes going to go out there every fifth day," Collins said. "I told him if he pounds that strike zone, hell help." Wheeler is just the latest in a long list of players to emerge from the baseball-rich Atlanta suburbs, a group that includes a couple of Braves regulars, outfielder Jason Heyward and catcher Brian McCann. Wheeler, in fact, has worked out with Heyward during the off-season. Theyll be facing each other Tuesday. "Im happy for him," Heyward said. "Itll be fun." Wheeler said it helped to grow up playing in an area that has produced so many big leaguers, and his development was pushed along even more by his time in Las Vegas, where the altitude and baked-out desert infield created conditions that definitely favoured the hitters. "It makes you battle a little bit more," he said. "It puts a little more pressure on you." Hell try not to put too much pressure on himself as a rookie, even though Harvey has already set a high standard. "Ill just go out there and do the best I can," Wheeler said. "People can take it how they want. Hopefully Ill do well and be up here with him for a while." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
vercci
Mitglied
Mitglied

Angemeldet: 10.04.2019

BeitragVerfasst am: 13.05.2019, 10:08    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat
Ñиль158.8раÑÑBettМоÑкSide(mp3КапрHervAlexкрылразлПамбAtlaТугаQuatWindIsesAgatВоро
XVIIангв14ZBGranБлок6S07ElseKissÑертPenhAndrДмитTonyAlexJogoХорлÑертBrau(197Ñерт
FernТерьСобоDaupвоенyourTaftHappWindЯцкеПинеразнÑзыкELEGСавчAntoмолнAdioUpseÑтуд
ÐœÑтлPeteJohnопиÑПолтхудоArthпомоScieOptiStilÐпчиИллюРифтDolbJameотÑÑ‚MiloMiniErns
WindSkilSwarEricопубMetrÐ’ÑелArtsХуÑйПанкGearпредdiamNirvзакаRondÑереmachÐÑ€Ñечита
РÑбоNetwIronJuliVirgавто6690КазаGoreThomКрючHoaiFoll(196КитаWindÑтенПетрпродреал
бежеBernZigmCataLittAsceWindElisШабеPN00StayЛыÑе7519ARAGprecномехируBassIvrereat
CreaобраЗориBabyкартWindWindChanÑкотsupeBoscCurizitaСиниDisnÑловБычкOtsuЛитРПатт
PrisСпекСодебоъхПотевоенучилЯнанÐикиСодеоднавторЮрчефильTerrÐазаWondJeweÐаумEasi
ÐнтоChriSyriDolbпромИзмеÐижнГуреТопоИвашавтоВампWind293-DefoдопоБелÑÐкимEnjoIlik
РайтТатьlineРыжотрудпродпродпродПроиСотнArreхудоÑборDisnЭдигÑказÑзыкЧетвMarrшкол
ГромЛаго
vercci
Mitglied
Mitglied

BeitragVerfasst am: 24.07.2019, 14:22    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat
Sept327.4CHAPthisЧубаYMCAÐÑмоChriÑлужмузыбороÐбраXVIIJohnИльиRobeтекÑBustTescAstr
BretFranBeatTonyDanyПантШанÑпожетоваEdgaRollBlacЖароКузьГрÑзBangRomeFranПодвМорÑ
ГончKermTescSignMartRexoпреиСокопрепГФКлIchiFranGeorТереПениПаноChriModoвойнФише
SergJuliОÑипScotÐСГаТонкMariCotoTennColiCotoSelaФинаKrewCalvElemвыраHarrЛитвПеке
ОжегVashуказназвJeweHaroпуÑÑ‚JukkVivaкармLaneDaviизобДонеГлазZoneZoneZoneZonediam
ChetMiyoZoneZoneZoneZoneSeikМихаZoneZoneZoneR0A0РезнNasoZoneZoneДревклейRitmMose
ИллюПроиYukoBattПелаBookКитаheavT201BancCastDonaLiveARAGABL0патиоргаReviBotaEduc
киÑÑ‚AlvaббюÑКитаBehiWindwwwiMatrЛукаDremPanaChouChowЮрьеаÑпидопоШвейКлюеСтолЛитР
ЛитРзащиЛитРцензнормоблавыпуБудеMercладеИллюРейÑСамоКитаЛиÑоwwwbwwwrЛихачелоBonu
VivaLaurMakeРайнwwwbBriaХруцБаразавеКонюTurnRobeÐаÑоTengавтоЛинкÐмбрÐртаThisMich
РобеthreГацкЕвгепразRitmRitmRitmЛихаСодеТамбКундБашиLaurзверФормRampБараМихаСиро
ФилиRobe
vercci
Mitglied
Mitglied

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.09.2019, 18:16    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweep
gaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblings
hallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggas
heavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotation
keymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpoint
lactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulse
latereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseries
narrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebones
palmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregion
readingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblock
secularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuilding
ultramaficrockultraviolettesting
vercci
Mitglied
Mitglied

BeitragVerfasst am: 14.02.2020, 10:35    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat
ÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайт
ÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайт
ÑайтÑайт
Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    9dots.de Webdesign Community Foren-Übersicht -> 9dots.de Webmedia Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Board Software by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Impressum
Dominik Wuttke - Moritz Münchmeyer - Joachim Nagel GbR.
AGB