Community

9dots.de Webdesign Board

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 

ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

if I were going to identify the

Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    9dots.de Webdesign Community Foren-Übersicht -> Showcase
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Labi1995
Mitglied
Mitglied

Angemeldet: 16.08.2018

BeitragVerfasst am: 09.10.2019, 08:26    Titel: if I were going to identify the Antworten mit Zitat
Forefoot “actuator lugs” Nike Air Max 90 Damen on the Newton Sir Isaac – note that there is no wear on the lugs, suggesting that I haven’t been landing on them.My expectation was that once I started running, the forefoot actuator lugs on the Newton’s (see photo above) would make me want to shift to a more forefoot landing, but to my surprise I think I actually heel struck worse on my first Newton run than I do in most of my other shoes. I don’t fault the shoes for this at all, and after making a conscious effort to shorten my stride and increase my cadence, they began to feel a bit better. That being said, I never got to the point where I actually felt Nike Air Max 90 Mujertruly comfortable running in the Sir Isaac’s, and based on my wear pattern on the heel (see photo below), I’m pretty confident that I have been heel striking Nike Air Max 270 Dames in them pretty regularly (and you can also see this in the videos I posted Nike Air Max 270 Damen below – I could only get a forefoot strike when I consciously forced it, which felt uncomfortable). I’ve read plenty about how to adjust to the Newton’s, and how it takes time and effort to adjust your stride, but after almost 40 miles I haven’t seen much improvement, and this is despite the fact that I also run regularly and seem to midfoot strike in minimalist shoes with a relatively Adidas Ultra Boost Dam thin heel (XC flats, Vibrams Fivefingers, etc.).Heel wear on my Newton Sir Isaac and Brooks Mach 11 shoes. Both have similar mileage (about 40 miles each) – note the greater wear (yellow arrows) on the Sir Issacs (right), Asics Gel Lyte 3 Femme indicating a more pronounced heel strike.
One of the things I’ve realized is that for me, a mild heel strike seems to be the most comfortable gait in most Nike Roshe Run Womens pairs of shoes. I’ve come to grips with this and am at the point where I really don’t see much point in putting the effort into trying to change. I suspect that I do midfoot strike in the Vibrams (and sometimes in XC flats), but if I had to guess, I’m likely a mild heel striker in just about everything else, and that’s ok with me. I suspect that mild heel striking is most efficient for my body, and I’ve gotten over any desire that I might have had to change.Nike Air Max 90 Mujer It’s worth noting here that Daniel Lieberman, in his recent study on footstrike patterns in barefoot and shod runners, even noted that a few of his habitually barefoot runners were heel strikers. Furthermore, I’ve posted video Nike Air Max 90 Femme of elite male runners from the 2010 Boston Marathon showing clearly that several of them are heel strikers as well (including 2009 NYC marathon winner Meb Keflzighi) – so it’s clear that heel running isn’t necessarily as inefficient as it’s purported to be in some cases. It’s quite possible that if I wore the Newtons for my next 50 miles and really focused on altering my gait things might change, but I’m still not sure I see a great deal of benefit in doing so. Please realize that this is simply my opinion, and others may disagree.Slow motion video of treadmill running in Newton Sir Isaac shoes – tried to Nike Air Max 90 Femme shift to a more forefoot footstrike here, but still feels strange (video shot after only one 5-mile run in the Sir Isaac’s, but I don’t think my gait has changed much since). Video shot at 300 frames-per-second with a Casio Exilim Nike Air Max 270 Dámské EX-F1 camera. I did not request them, and was actually surprised and excited when they were included in a package from Backbone Media (I had genuinely been wanting to try the Newton’s out, but pricing deterred me). My reason for pointing this out is that if I were going to identify the Newton shoe that would be best suited to my personal tastes, it would not have been the Sir Isaac. The Sir Isaac is meant to be a shoe for those transitioning into forefoot running, and at >11.5oz (weighed on my postal scale) it’s considerably heavier than most shoes that I normally wear (I prefer more minimalist shoes that Nike Air Max 97 Femme are less than 10oz, and the lower the weight the better). In the Newton lineup, the Distancia would likely be more suited to my style, so it’s entirely possible that I just got the wrong Newton shoe for me.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    9dots.de Webdesign Community Foren-Übersicht -> Showcase Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Board Software by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Impressum
Dominik Wuttke - Moritz Münchmeyer - Joachim Nagel GbR.
AGB